Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Featured Creation by Nana Connie

I'm happy to be back writing up these crafter feature posts regularly again.  This is the third one in three weeks.  Let's hope I can keep it up!

Today, I have a stunning work by Nana Connie, using the Owl Masquerade digi.  Take a look!


The high contrast of the dark base and the colored image area brings dramatic flare to this project.  The die cuts and lace border all utilize this contrast for a stunning presentation.  The lovely owl duo is golden, elegantly complimented by the lavender dress (which also looks beautiful on her blog's layout, by the way!).  The sentiment is perfect as owls have always been associated with wisdom since the ancient times.  You can read more about the details on Nana Connie's blog post at this link.

I actually have four digis in my store that have the theme of  "owl mask" (There are even more if you look for just "owl" or "mask" separately.).  Yes, owls and masks together are one of my recurring themes that show up periodically.  I have another idea for an illustration as I write this, just swirling around in the back of my head...  You can find "Owl Masquerade" at my Etsy shop right here.  It is a JPG digi, 1500 x 2100 pixels at 300 dpi (5 x 7 inches/ 12.7 x 17.8 cm).


Would you like to have your project featured on this blog?   You get a custom blog badge and a free digi if your work is featured.  All you have to do is add the pics of your projects with AW images into our special album at the FB group.  I'll put a direct link here to make it easy for ya!  (Of course, you'd have to be a member of our group before you can add a pic.  Send a join request, and one of us, the group admins, will approve it. )

We just kicked off a new challenge at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog yesterday, in case you didn't hear about it.  The theme of our latest challenge is "for Men and Boys".  Anything you make for your husbands, sons, brothers, fathers, boyfriends, nephews, grandpas, ... or anything with masculine feel would be great for this theme, whether it's in the images themselves, color schemes you use, or overall style.  Have fun with it, and join our challenge!


And we are in the final ten days of our monthly contest at our FB group!  Don't miss!


Till next time, happy coloring and crafting, everyone!








6 comments:

GalFridayStamping said...

Stunning make! ❤️

NanaConnie said...

I'm so honored to have my card featured, Mitzi. :-D Thank you.

Annemi said...

Really beautiful xx

Netta said...

really beautiful!!!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Such a lovely creation Nana Connie. I love the soft yellow/browns you used and that sentiment is just perfect too.

Unknown said...

Hi Nanny,
your card is fabulous. Love everything about. Such a beautiful make.